Bringing the Gospel to a New Generation
We delight in the opportunity to serve parents and their children at Sovereign Grace Church! SGC Kids, our children’s ministry, provides contexts that supplement and support the parents’ biblical responsibility to raise their children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Ephesians 6:1-4).
SGC Kids Nursery
Nursery ministry is for children aged 1-2. Nursery is provided throughout the entire Sunday Celebration (10:30AM – 12:30PM).
SGC Kids Classroom
The following classes are held during the second half of the Sunday Celebration (during the sermon):
- Preschool (3-4 year-olds)
- Lower Elementary - Kindergarten-2nd Grade
- Upper Elementary - 3rd-5th Grade
Where Your Kids Should Go
If you have kids that are in the above ranges, and you desire them to be in SG Kids, you can bring them a few minutes before the meeting starts to the Sovereign Grace Kids Check-in station, halfway down the main floor hallway. A trained and qualified volunteer will gladly get your children signed up, issue nametags, and give you a unique pick-up slip to help ensure your children's safety and security. Of course, if you want to keep your kids with you for the entire meeting, please do!
Children, ages 3 through 5th grade will begin the morning in the main meeting with their parents. They'll be dismissed to classes right before the sermon starts. Again, if you'd rather your kids stay with you for the whole meeting, that's great.
Parents can take noisy or hungry infants to the C & C (Consoling and Care) room, located in the very last classroom, on the right, in the main hallway. Various accessories and a live video stream are there to serve you.
The curriculum we use is called The Gospel Project for Kids (see video below for more information). The Gospel Project for Kids will help your kids to:
- See the Big Story: Kids will understand that the Bible is not a collection of stories, but God’s unified story of redemption.
- Read Scripture as Christ-centered: The Study and Activity Pages provide a deep, Christ-centered Bible study experience for all ages.
- Grasp Essential Christian Doctrines: The Big Picture Questions and Answers are designed to help kids understand essential theological doctrines of the Christian faith.
- Study the Old and New Testaments: Kids spend equal time in the Old and New Testaments, learning the key distinctions of each and how they fit together.
- 3-year chronological study plan
- New Bible story videos and music videos
- “Questions from Kids” video provides a bridge to application of the lesson
- Primary teaching hour includes a missions emphasis
- Access to a mobile app for tablets and phones (and desktop applications as well) to bring the curriculum, including videos and songs, to your home so as to encourage continued learning throughout the week in your home.