We're glad you're here!
Sovereign Grace Church Dayton is a church of ordinary people who have been transformed by an extraordinary gospel - Jesus Christ died and was raised so that sinners would be reconciled to God. This is the good news we have a passion to proclaim, live, and share. We invite you to join us Sundays at 10:30am at 1541 South Smithville Road, Dayton, OH.
Some things to know:
If you plan to visit us on a Sunday, we'd love to meet you! Here are some things you'll want to know:
- We meet in an accessible facility. However, if you require wheelchair access, designated parking or seating, directions to our accessible restrooms, or additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask us.
- Our Celebration Gatherings include a mix of old and new songs, led by a group of men and women who desire to lead us in lively, vibrant, and thoughtful worship.
- The preaching is expository in nature, meaning we are most often walking through books of the bible, working to understand and apply God's word in its context.
- The service is often 90 minutes. Dress as is comfortable for you and expect to enjoy a relaxed friendly, and warm atmosphere.
- Every Sunday we seek to remember and celebrate what is of first importance: that Jesus, the Son of God, has come in the flesh to live a perfect life on our behalf, die a substitutionary death, and rise from the dead, so that we might be forgiven and reconciled to God. This gospel, or good news, is what we remind ourselves of as we sing, pray, read Scripture, give, hear God's Word preached, participate in the sacraments, and fellowship together.
- While we have nursery available for the youngest among us, we so very much value the participation of children in the Celebration Gathering that we do not provide extensive childcare throughout the service. We have strong convictions that the means of grace that are available on Sunday mornings during corporate worship are uniquely able (and meant) to strengthen the youngest and oldest among us. We are aware that this sometimes creates difficulties for children/parents in the gathering so we have a Care and Console Room available nearby with a livestream of the service playing in the background.
- If you have any questions, prayer needs, or need to talk to a pastor, you can contact us online here.