We're glad you're here!
Sovereign Grace Church Dayton is a church of ordinary people who have been transformed by an extraordinary gospel - Jesus Christ died and was raised so that sinners would be reconciled to God. This is the good news we have a passion to proclaim, live, and share. We invite you to join us Sundays at 10:30am at our downtown Bellbrook location (the old school building, 51 S. East Street, Bellbrook, OH 45305).
Some things to know:
If you plan to visit us on a Sunday, we'd love to meet you! Here are some things you'll want to know:
COVID-19 Related Notes:
- On account of COVID-19, some of the normalcy of church life has been diminished. We are vigilant to clean and disinfect often, provide hand sanitizing stations, and request that everyone wear masks (except for those under the age of five and those who have a medical concern). We would have you be aware, however, that while we do our best to care for others through the above means we often don't excel at physical distancing. We are certainly mindful of proximity with one another and keep to a helpful ratio of people as per Ohio guidelines, but we are also aware that interpersonal care sometimes means that appropriate touch is required.
- On account of COVID-19, our children's ministry is not available. Activity bags are available, if needed. Also, in case of a restless child, we have a couple of rooms outside the main room where the service is being streamed live. We would want you to know, however, that we love kids, and a bit of noise and restlessness is just fine with us. In fact, we love parents too. What a great privilege it is, as a parent, to have your child with you, seeing your love for God, your need of Him, and your desire to learn and grow and be with the church family, even amid the difficulty you may experience in the row during the serive. Please know that we are praying for you to have faith that amid the difficulty, there is the promise of grace and growth, and we pray specifically that you will remain steadfast in it.
- Feel free to park on the north side of the building (by our main entrance). Additional parking is around the back of the building.
- We meet in an accessible facility. However, if you require wheelchair access, designated parking or seating, directions to our accessible restrooms, or additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask us.
- Our celebration service includes a mix of old and new songs, led by a group of men and women who desire to lead us in lively, vibrant, and thoughtful worship.
- The preaching is expository in nature, meaning we are most often walking through books of the bible, working to understand and apply God's word in its context.
- The service is often approaches 90 minutes. Dress as is comfortable for you and expect to enjoy a relaxed friendly, and warm atmosphere.
- Every Sunday we seek to remember and celebrate what is of first importance: that Jesus, the Son of God, has come in the flesh to live a perfect life on our behalf, die a substitutionary death, and rise from the dead, so that we might be forgiven and reconciled to God. This gospel, or good news, is what we remind ourselves of as we sing, pray, read Scripture, give, hear God's Word preached, participate in the sacraments, and fellowship together.
- If you have any questions, prayer needs, or need to talk to a pastor, you can contact us online here.