Although still in the very early stages of development, we feel compelled at Sovereign Grace Church to pursue a vibrant and helpful orphan care ministry.
We believe that Orphan Care is …
- a significant means to mature and multiply disciples who enjoy and declare the good news of Jesus Christ for the joy of all peoples
- an expression of our commitment to life and our desire that abortion become unthinkable
- a tangible response to the affliction of millions of orphans in our country & around the world
- an opportunity to spread the gospel to various “tribes and tongues” (Revelation 5:9)
- at the heart of the gospel of Jesus Christ who made a way for us all to be “adopted” that we might be called “children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ” (Romans 8:15-17).
We desire Orphan Care to become:
- part of our culture at SGC
- one of the ways God brings children into many families at SGC
Compelled by the gospel of Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 5:14), we believe that both domestic and international adoptions, along with foster care ministry, brings glory to God and are radical expressions of love and compassion for the helpless (James 1:27). Your family may be one God is calling to love a child through the blessing of adoption, or you may be called to join us in the task of providing the *funds necessary to help those called to adopt.
*Plans for an adoption fund at SGC are in the works.