5:30pm – 8:00pmCategory: Church Calendar | Coordinator: Steve Bice
There are many purposes of our Midweek Gatherings that are held on Wednesday evenings. Here are a few:
- To be able to have age-appropriate teaching and learning opportunities for kids, youth, and adults.
- To enable our presence to be more felt in the community by allowing another opportunity to invite adult, youth, and children to come and learn Christ together with us.
- To have additional opportunities to grow in equipping the saints for the work of ministry
- To allow for age-appropriate catechesis as we use our gospel project curriculum.
- To enable weekly regular gathering for our youth to foster and grow in relationship with one another even as other parents and pastors invest intentionally in their lives.
- To facilitate an opportunity for adults to teach and learn on topics we are unable to on Sundays
- To enable opportunity for all-church fellowship meals where relationships can grow
- To create a venue for quarterly Family Meetings that includes childcare
- To create a venue for future Bridge Courses (evangelistic/outreach course)
Here is what a typical Midweek Gathering schedule will look like:
- 5:30pm-6:15pm – Dinner available in fellowship hall ($2/person or $10/family). Free for first time guests. Cash and card will be accepted.
- 6:15pm-6:30pm – SG Kids Check-In
- 6:30pm-6:45pm – Gather in the sanctuary to sing together and then we will dismiss children and teens to their classes
- 6:50pm-8:00pm – Teaching in various classrooms and the sanctuary.
- 8:05pm – SG Kids Pick-up
What are the different classes at MWG?
- Young Nursery (1-2)
- Old Nursery (3-5)
- Lower Elementary (6-8)
- Upper Elementary (9-11)
- 15:5 Youth (12-18)
- Adults (18+)